Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Cupcake" is tasty!

The Android 1.5 update is now loaded on my G1 HTC Dream phone... and man, this is sweet!

So far:
  • Application to application movement and switching is more swift and fluid
  • The on-screen keyboard is very handy. Unfortunately, I can only use it with some degree of accuracy in landscape orientation. Portrait just doesn't work for my thick digits.
  • The system buttons have a better look... more polished. This includes the notification icons, etc.
  • Flip orientation... this is what I was waiting for and a big winner in my book. The application changing orientation based on what I am doing with the phone. Yes... thank you!
For this update... items I will be tracking:
  • Battery life - in 1.0 and 1.1, this SUCKED! Anyone with a G1 knows what I am talking about.
  • Lack of default T-Mobile applications - will there be any issues with some default TMO applications not present?

The next big winner for me will be WPA Enterprise.


1 comment:

desktophero said...

One thing that I worked through, with the use of Wifi Helper, is the WPA Enterprise* settings.

I can not use my G1 to connect to the work wireless infrastructure.

Freakin' awesome!